Aggressive. Ethical. Experienced.

What do I need to know after a slip-and-fall accident?

On Behalf of | May 26, 2015 | Personal Injury |

The last thing you want to worry about when you are trying to get your grocery shopping done is whether the store is safe. In fact, store owners and other business owners have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe when they invite other people inside.

Here are a few things you should know after getting hurt in a slip-and-fall accident.

You need to show negligence. When you slip and fall on someone else’s property, you may be able to hold them responsible for any injuries you suffer. As we mentioned in our last post, you will have to be able to show that the property owner was negligent. In other words, you have to show that the accident was the property owner’s fault.

For example, if a grocery store employee washed the floor and left it wet, but failed to put up a sign warning customers, the store may be at fault if someone slips and falls.

You need to see a doctor as soon as possible. After you suffer an injury, you need to get to a doctor as quickly as you can. If you have even minor injuries caused by a slip and fall, they may not heal properly if you are not treated by a doctor. When an injury doesn’t heal the right way, it can result in lifelong problems, including chronic pain.

An attorney can help you see a doctor. If you don’t know how you will afford to see a doctor after an injury, call a lawyer. We can help you see a board-certified doctor right away, to make sure you receive the medical care you need. The doctor will not ask you to pay until your case settles. If your case doesn’t settle, you won’t have to worry about the bill.

Did you slip and fall on someone else’s property? Do you think they are at fault? Let us help you get the medical care you need.



FindLaw Network
FindLaw Network