Hold The Responsible Party Accountable for Your Construction Injury
Construction sites can be dangerous places for workers. Part of learning one's trade is learning safe working habits. Each construction site worker has some amount of responsibility to keep the jobsite safe — both for himself or herself and for coworkers. Employers, contractors and subcontractors also carry serious responsibilities for keeping worksites free of construction accidents.
Should You File a Workers' Compensation Claim?
When construction accidents happen, injured workers may be able to recover compensation via the workers' compensation system. However, the workers' compensation system doesn't always fully reimburse injured workers for all expenses that result from serious construction site accidents.
To improve your chances of getting full and fair compensation after a construction site accident, consult a personal injury attorney who can advise you about how to combine compensation from workers' compensation with a private lawsuit.
Workers' compensation funds will come from your employer's insurance company. But if a person or company other than your employer helped cause the accident, then you may be able to file a personal injury claim against that individual or company.
These lawsuits are often called third-party claims.
Bender & Gritz, APLC — Strong Reputation for Success
Our attorneys have one primary goal: to achieve the maximum possible compensation for our clients, including:
- Lost income while away from work due to recovery and medical procedures
- Hospital bills that are not paid by health care insurance
- Funds to pay for necessary rehabilitation therapies or future medical needs
- Compensation for pain and suffering
In the most tragic type of construction accident, we represent the families of fatal accident victims in wrongful death claims.
Past Successful Settlements for Victims of Construction Site Accidents
Over the years, we have recovered more than $70 million in workers' compensation benefits for our clients. In addition, we have successfully litigated third-party claims on behalf of construction accident victims:
- A $500,000 settlement for a 48-year-old fork lift operator who fell from an elevated construction surface and injured his back so badly he required a lumbar fusion surgery
- A $257,000 trial verdict for a construction laborer who suffered back and psychological injuries after falling from a scaffold
- A $245,000 settlement for a construction worker who fell through an unprotected skylight and suffered thoracic compression fractures
Read more about our past verdicts and settlements.
Talk to a Lawyer About Your Legal Options After a Construction Site Accident
To schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers, call Bender & Gritz at 619-618-2988, toll-free at 866-603-7941, or contact us online.